Feb 14, 2011

Dyrehavn

So yesterday my host parents and I went to Klampenborg to go to Dyrehavn! In English it translates literally to "Deer Park." Uh what? Yeah I wasn't so sure myself. Basically its a really big forest park that covers 11 square kilometers (about 7 square miles). For the first half an hour I only spotted a few deer here and there, far off in the woods. But on the way back we went right through the middle of the park and found ourselves in front of not one, not two, but three herds of deer. Holy crap. I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty nerve racking to have every male deer staring us down. Thankfully after some cautious maneuvering, we made it out unscathed!


Dyrehavn

A house that the Queen owns but doesn't use. Alright. 

You can see Sweden in the background!

AHH deer. 

Trying to figure out the best way not to get mauled

Oh just hanging out with the deer

Little deer. 

I look really awkward in this picture because I was half looking over my shoulder/half looking at the camera...


After going to Lotte's family get together on Saturday, I have a new idea about the Danes. They're not automatically friendly, but they're not rude either. They kind of have to "feel you out", then they'll gradually come up to you and introduce themselves. Also, not everyone is on same interest level, which is okay! I did meet a few very nice people that were interested in talking to me. Overall, Danes are very considerate. Several times during the night the people around me switched over to English when they realized I wasn't picking up on any of their danish. They even let me choose a song in English to sing from the pamphlet, so we all sang "Imagine" by John Lennon. Okay, I'm really starting to love Denmark.

Have a good Valentine's Day, or as a guy in my class calls it, "International Single Awareness Day." Hahah I thought that was funny :)

2 comments: