Jan 22, 2011

First Weekend

Last night DIS hosted a welcome party for all the students at a club nearby school. I was skeptical at first but it turned out to be really fun! Thanks for the free beer DIS :)

I also bought a ticket to see Sleigh Bells at the Loppen. I'm so excited! If you haven't heard of them, check them out. The song Rill Rill is one of my favorites.


Today I biked to the train station with my host mom and it was bitter, bitter cold. By the time we got back I couldn't feel my face, toes, or fingers. I have a newfound admiration of all the Danes that bike to work or school each day, and that includes both my host parents. Perhaps I'll give it another go once its warmer.


I've started to compile a list of things that I want to do this semester in Copenhagen. In order to make sure I do it, I'm going to post it as a reminder so that I make the most of my time here.

So here's a list of places, and in no particular order. I'll cross them out after I go there.

  • Kronborg Castle (Elsinore from Shakespeare's Hamlet)
  • Christiania, the freetown
  • Tivoli Gardens
  • The Round Tower
  • Lousiana Museum of Modern Art
  • Copenhagen Opera House
  • Rosenberg Castle
  • Carlsberg Brewery
  • Dyrehave park (literally, a deer park)
  • go to a party at a Folkehøjskole
  • Vesterbro & Nørrebro neighborhoods
  • Royal Danish Theater
I'll be posting a picture tour of my walk to school in a few days so stay tuned.

Listening to--10 Mile Stereo by Beach House

p.s. Danes DO jaywalk. I saw it myself! So don't believe it when people tell you that danish people strictly abide by crosswalk signals because its an urban myth. They just do it a bit less than Americans :)


No comments:

Post a Comment