Jan 4, 2011

DIY: Bows

Want to learn how to make awesome bows? Last month I posted a pair of shoes where I made the bows, so I thought I'd show you how to make them. It's a really simple process that only takes about 5-10 minutes. My friend Stacie also uses this technique to make bows.

First, cut out a piece of fabric so its rectangular. Mine is approximately 4.5 in x 2 in. Depending on what size bow you want, you can make the rectangle bigger or smaller.

 Next, turn the piece over and fold it lengthwise the "hot-dog" way. 

 Fold the ends in so that it forms another rectangle. 
Make two wide stitches along the center all the way through the fabric. 


 Now pull the string so that it cinches the center, forming the bow shape. 
 Cut out a small piece to loop around the center of the bow. This hides the stitches and allows you to hook a bobbypin underneath so you can wear it. 

 Fold the piece around the bow, stitch the ends together and tie it off. 

Now you have your finished product! You can experiment with different sizes and fabrics to create different types of bows. 
  Here's another bow I made when I cut off the sleeves of a polka dot dress. 
Enjoy! :)

Countdown until Copenhagen-12 days! I got an email from my host family yesterday which is super exciting. They seem really nice! I showed the picture to my dad and he said, "Well they look normal." Haha I'm not sure what he was expecting.

Listening to: "I Dig You" by Hanoi Janes

1 comment:

  1. It is looking simple to do. I will try this as soon as possible.
    Domain registration India

    ReplyDelete