Jan 12, 2011

Almost There

I leave for Copenhagen in three days! I still can't really believe it. Everything is very expensive in Copenhagen so I've been stocking up on toiletries like crazy. I hoping to have a last "hoorah" with some of my friends and family before I go. 


After looking up information on the Danes, I've come across a few interesting facts:
1. Danes don't jaywalk. I find this incredible. It's funny and frustrating at the same time.
2. Danes don't have a word for "please" in Danish, so they usually don't use it when speaking in English. This makes them come off as rude when they're not trying to be at all.
3. Denmark was the first European country to legalize same-sex marriages in 1989 and offer the same rights as heterosexual marriages.
4.  Copenhagen has been named the "Bicycle City of the Year" with 36% of its citizens that commute to work, school or university by bike.
They even bike in the snow
My host family has an spare bike for me to use, so I can't wait to explore Copenhagen on bike once it warms up!

My friend Maggie and I went ice skating the other day and I took this video of her. She thought I was taking a picture, which explains all the posing opportunities...haha well enjoy!

Song that I've had on repeat-Rill Rill by Sleigh Bells

1 comment:

  1. i love that danes bike everywhere! i had no idea that they don't have a word for "please." that's so interesting! i learned a lot from this post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete