Apr 4, 2011

Jump In Line

Travel break is in a week! And I'm really unprepared. I've planned out stuff for the second week when my mom and sister are here, but I haven't figured out anything for the first week in Spain and Italy. So on Wednesday I think I'm going to knock out the basics and then wing the rest.

I went on a field trip for my marine mammals class on Saturday, which started at the ungodly hour of 7:45 in the morning. Meaning I had to get up even earlier so I could catch a train at 7. Ugh. Well it turned out to be better than I expected! We first drove to Odense to see the zoo there, which was alright. Our guide was the director of animal management and welfare, so she had a lot of interesting things to say about animal training and how they've improved things to make the animals lives better.

SLOTH


this giraffe was HUGE. her skin is wrinkly because she hasn't grown into yet (and is already a giant)

manatees!

scratching the zebras


such cute baby goats

which apparently didn't like me...


oh hey tiger

After the zoo we drove to the Fjord & Baelt research center. They do research on both harbor porpoises and harbor seals. It wasn't as cool as the zoo, but that makes sense since they're not there to entertain. Also it was a really nice day so that made everything ok by me. 

the harbor

 and done. 

What made Saturday even better was that my off campus package was waiting for me when I got home! It was so unbelievably nice to read all the notes and random stuff that people put in there. Especially random was the pheasant that Stacie and Jackie gave me. Hahaha I love it, thanks guys! And if anyone else that reads my blog sent me something, thank you!! You're awesome. 

I probably won't have time to update before I leave so expect a two week hiatus! Hope everyone's enjoying spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment