Mar 3, 2011

Academia

Woah, another week down. What did I do this week? I had class as usual, which is getting old fast! I had a field study on Wednesday to the Resistance Museum for my Danish class. We're learning a lot about what the Danes did during the German occupation in WWII. Its true there was a lot of resistance, but at the same time there was a lot of cooperation. So its hard to gauge.

Tonight I went to another ballet at the Royal Theater. It was called "Dans2Go" and was three different ballets-a neoclassical feminine ballet, a classic paus de deux, and a modern all male ballet with music by Metallica. The all male ballet was interesting, but I really didn't like the Metallica music. I'd say it's saving grace was the artistic vision and all the shirtless men ;)

"EI BLOT TIL LYST" translates to "Not just for pleasure"

Side view + nice shot of my teacher's head. Hi Heino!

So pretty


It's finally getting warmer! I wore my moccasins without socks today, which was awesome. I also went vintage/thrift store hunting with my friend Sam. Let me tell you, finding decently priced vintage/thrift stores is not easy. I feel like I've ranted about this before, but it really makes me miss Greencastle's Senior Center which sells skirts for $2.25 or Arc's Value Village back home. Needless to say, I did find a cool homemade tank top for under $10. So there is still hope!



This Sunday I'm off to Poznan and Berlin for my MPP long study tour. We leave Sunday morning at 7:45 am and after a short bus ride (no its 12 hours) we get to Poznan. I think Poland will be really interesting, and probably the most different. Berlin is just one of those classic European cities, so I think its going to be amazing no matter what. After our tour I'm going to Budapest with some friends for the weekend. I cannot wait! Budapest is really well known for there bath houses and thermal pools so I'm excited to try that.


I like this. They also wear short shorts. (Haha thats not why I like them though)

Bah, I wrote a lot. Time to go to bed. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment