Jul 15, 2011

The End of an Era

I saw the last Harry Potter movie last night and it was amazing! My mom got tickets to a sneak peak showing so we got to see it before midnight. Pretty VIP right? David Yates did an incredible job recreating the war-like battle at Hogwarts. It was exciting, emotional, terrifying...I could go on forever.

 "Of course its happening inside your head Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?"-Dumbledore

Its so sad that this movies marks the end of the decade-long Harry Potter saga, but I liked what Daniel Radcliffe said at the London Premiere-
"I don't think the end of the story happens tonight because--don't get too excited; it's not what you think--because each and every person, not only in the Square but also watching around the world who will see this film and have followed these films for the last 10 years, will carry this story with them for the rest of their lives, and it will affect what they do."  
Well said. What a great ending to an era that I'm proud to call part of my childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment